Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Designer shoe sale at PNE

So I went to the designer shoe sale at PNE tonight. Apparently it is Vancouver's first ever designer shoe warehouse sale in Vancouver. All shoes and boots are $49, and boots are $99 and the sale runs till Sunday October 26th.

So let me give you the lowdown. There is plenty of free parking on the street if you get there early. The "VIP" sale started today which entitled everyone to an additional 10% off, but you don't actually need to be a VIP, anyone could have gone to it. We got there about 45 minutes before it started, and already there was a bit of a line. Well, it's a good thing we got there early, cause they handed out large plastic garbage type bags, cause everyone just started filling their bags with the intention to try on later, then just leave their shoes on the ground. So you really needed to get there early to get first pick.
The shoes really were not that great, and almost all the shoes were from the brand Arnold Churgin which is from Calgary. That's not exactly what I think of when I think of "designer." They also carried other brands like Nine West, Via Spiga, but it was few and far between. Some of the shoes were obviously returns, and obviously shop-worn (E.g. one shoe was a lot lighter than the other from being in a store window too long.) I did however end up buying three pairs of shoes. But looking at the shoes, it's not really something I would have bought if they were that price somewhere else. It's almost like I felt I should buy something. When we left about 7pm, there was a huge lineup of at least a hundred people. I felt like telling them not to bother lining up.
There were some good deals though. my friend got $600 boots for $99. If you decide to check it out, head straight for the boots. I would skip the purses..
I saw some shitty deals, like some boots that showed a sticker price of $69, they were selling for $99, and a lot of the boots, the regular price tag showed $129 so be careful.
I would say the service was good though. Normally at the other semi-yearly sample shoe sale I usually go to, the service is really crappy. But the ones at this sale were great.

I must also say, there were some pretty rude people at this sale, like people grabbing other people's shoes, and people butting into line. It's like calm down, it's just shoes, and it's not worth fighting over..

No comments: