Thursday, September 4, 2008

Annoying people on Dinehere.ca

I like reading dinehere when checking out new restaurants, but I have to admit, and maybe I'm PMS-ing, but there's a couple of reviewers on there that I can not stand. So much in fact, I tried to contact one of them, but there's no way to do that. I am going to copy and paste a couple of the gems that one of them writes. He is so condescending and rude, he throws in unnecessary info like that he lived in Silicon Valley (it's like who cares) are we supposed to feel so lucky and privileged in Vancouver that he decided to grace us with his presence?? Also tries really hard to sound like he is much better than everyone, and that he's sooo well travelled. I know some of the reviews he writes are good, but generally, his attitude is rude, and I must be pms-ing, anyways, here's some examples:

"Would I return though? Well, yes. Given how everything else was carried out, I'll gve it a free pass this time." - uh yeah, gee, we just can't wait for you to come back. thank you thank you so much for the free pass..

"Now, just a word about the previous review from another poster. If he/she really does hail from Sunnyvale, well that explains it. I spent many years working there and for the standards in Silicon Valley, yes, this would be worth 3-4 stars easily. But this is not Silicon Valley, this is Greater Vancouver and you have to work much harder." -- He mentions in several reviews how he lived in Silicon Valley. I think he's just jealous another reviewer lived in Cali. I don't think he realizes there's probably several reviewers that lived in different places, but they don't feel the need to brag about it on Dinehere like he does.

"I feel sorry for their kids that they don't get to sample finer fare during their time here." How fucking rude. Does he really need to insult other reviewers. (kind of like what I'm doing now lol, I love the irony)

I really think I know this person.. That's what's scary. I can tell from the restaurants he frequents, and little tidbits he reveals about himself, well, actually brags.. not reveals. The funniest thing is, my friend actually brought this poster up to me as well.. total coincidence, so I know I'm not the only one that finds him annoying!

1 comment:

CL Scam Buster said...

Hey Hucky Duck its CL Scambuster. I like your posts, so keep them coming. Also thanks for posting on my blog. If you would please fill me in on the scams you mentioned. Many people have told me they were thankful for your Westjet post.